Since moving from the corporate sector I’ve trained and coached nearly a thousand professionals and business owners. They include small businesses, as well as professional practices and larger firms.
I spend most of my time working on a one to one basis with professionals that run their own firms. That also involves me helping train their staff to improve sales, marketing and leadership skills. I have a simple view in life, training (or coaching) is a waste of time! It’s a waste unless it’s improving the firm, in practice. The feedback I get says that I achieve this.
I love speaking and regularly give lively, interactive keynote presentations on subjects such as.
- Finding more time in your working week. What professional doesn’t struggle with that one?
- Building a tactical marketing plan. Having a constant supply of leads is essential to modern professional practices.
- Rubber Eggs and Curly Canapés. How to get real referrals from you networking.
- The 5 essential things that make the difference between a successful small firm and one that drains your time, energy and barely returns what you’re looking for.
- Barbecues and biscuits. What they teach the owners of small professional practices about getting more business, in a very practical way.
- How to sell more by selling less, without losing your shoes.
- Why better teamwork is something most professionals subconsciously prevent and how to fix it.
These often involve taking different angles on things, using stories and/ or props. One group was more than a little intrigued when I stood on stage and took my shoes off before throwing them away. I promise there was a good reason, you’ll have to ask me about it though.
After a Chamber of Commerce presentation a delegate said “Jon Baker, that was the best presentation I’ve heard in 17 years of running my business”. You can see more of these on my LinkedIn profile.
I’m writing a book ‘The Next Step: Taking your Business from 5 to 50 employees’ (published by Kogan Page in 2014), the many obstacles en-route may become the subject for my second book! I have also co-authored The Go-To Expert (published by FT in 21014), with Heather Townsend.
As well as having an MBA and coaching diplomas, I’m an NLP Master Practitioner. I love learning, when it’s for a practical reason, and sharing that learning.
Contact me, if you want somebody that can help you:
- Develop your leadership, sales and marketing skills so you grow your firm.
- Develop the skills and more importantly the results you get from your leadership team.
- Build your client portfolio, focusing especially on referrals from networking and social media.
To connect with me:
- On Twitter – I’m @divingjon (find out why by reading on)
- On LinkedIn – connect with Jon Baker here
- On Google+, connect with Jon Baker here.
- Call me on 01234 48 0123
- Book a 20 minute slot in my diary, just click here
Jon Baker – at play work ….(which is as often as possible)
As I said earlier I believe in fun and a balanced approach to life and work. That means life, not work, whenever possible. I enjoy spending my time underwater, or up mountains.
I’m Scuba Diving most weekends, playing with jellyfish somewhere between the Arctic Circle and New Zealand (normally in the UK). I’m also a qualified diving instructor.
I’m now reacquainting myself with my camera, having not really touched it for several years. So excuse me for not showing you all the results…just yet.
The lessons and laughter I have while spending time on my hobbies often gets linked to my business development experience in presentations. I strongly believe in analogy and metaphor when trying to get a point across, although not as strongly as I believe that interaction and laughter is key to any learning experience.
Do let’s catch up, book a slot in my diary (click here) and we can talk.